Horde's Golden Guards Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horde's Golden Guards Forum

Welcome to the official guild forum!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Warlocks dps in raids

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ungreg
Defence Advisor
Defence Advisor

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2006-10-05

Warlocks dps in raids Empty
PostSubject: Warlocks dps in raids   Warlocks dps in raids Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2006 6:53 am

I've been asked by Hamada to put up a post about how warlocks can achieve near their maximum dps in raids.

So if you know this ignore and if I miss anything please post any more useful info Very Happy

1. Don't start attacking until a warrior has aggro. ( A dead warlock has a dps of 0)

2. Trash mobs with low life need to be nuked down! The quickest dps we have over <6 seconds is either shadow bolt or searing pain. Searing pain draws major aggro so i would just recommend shadow bolt spammage.

3. Bosses and some mobs with more life benefit from being alive long enough for dots to take effect so dot up then shadow bolt spam renewing dots when the run their course.

Sorry i'm no good at links but if you do a search.

I would recommend dotimer which shows how long your dots have left on each mob.

And an enemy health displayer so you can gauge what type of spells you want to cast against enemies be it shadowbolt spam for trash mobs or dots and shadowbolts for bosses.

If anyone can find a dotimer addon that works can you post a link please the one i posted before is outdated
Back to top Go down
Hellsguard
Defence Advisor
Defence Advisor
Hellsguard

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2006-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Warlocks dps in raids   Warlocks dps in raids Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2006 1:10 am

Ok one thing. What is a trash mob? is it a mob that has low health? or a mob that is just shit and does a little dps to help out main boss? or neither?

sorry, thought i should ask tho
Back to top Go down
Nifelhei

PostSubject: Re: Warlocks dps in raids   Warlocks dps in raids Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2006 1:28 am

Everything that is not "boss" in instance Razz
Back to top Go down
Ungreg
Defence Advisor
Defence Advisor

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2006-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Warlocks dps in raids   Warlocks dps in raids Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2006 6:53 am

Yeah maybe i should have been a little clearer. A trash mob (for the purposes of warlock dps) is a mob that the raid kills in a few seconds making dots useless.

Nifelhiems definition is the correct one though.

Mobs with higher health which last 10sec+ will benefit from corruption and immolate. 20sec+ curse of agony can also be used.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warlocks dps in raids   Warlocks dps in raids Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warlocks dps in raids
Page 1 of 1