Horde's Golden Guards Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horde's Golden Guards Forum

Welcome to the official guild forum!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rockbiter vs. Flametongue

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gargash
Head of Defence
Head of Defence
Gargash

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2006-10-08

Rockbiter vs. Flametongue Empty
PostSubject: Rockbiter vs. Flametongue   Rockbiter vs. Flametongue Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2007 4:50 am

This is to all our shamans, help a mate out. I'm trying the shaman way of life, but am a bit unsure whether I should use Rockbiter or Flametongue as my basic weapon buff.

So for the calculations, then. Flametongue is based on weapon speed, right? And the lowest weapon speed in the game is 1.0 sec, right? So if at my level Flametongue (Rank 1) says 4.5-13.8 dmg per hit, wouldn't that then mean that it basically increases your dps by 4.5?

Rockbiter (Rank 2) gives an additional 4 dps, so in that sense Flametongue seems to be better. But is there something I'm missing here?

Also, Flametongue is fire damage, so it ignores armor but can be resisted. Rockbiter, on the other hand, is just added dps to your weapon damage, which in turn is mitigated by armor. So with all this said, would it be better to use Flametongue instead of Rockbiter? Of course, until I get my hands on Windfury.
Back to top Go down
powerballs
Elite Guard
Elite Guard

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2006-12-03

Rockbiter vs. Flametongue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rockbiter vs. Flametongue   Rockbiter vs. Flametongue Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2007 11:44 am

It would surely depend on the type of enemy that you are confronting ....and wind fury has its limits aswell.
Back to top Go down

Rockbiter vs. Flametongue
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Horde's Golden Guards Forum :: General Conversations-
Jump to: