Horde's Golden Guards Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horde's Golden Guards Forum

Welcome to the official guild forum!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Strat Baron 45min run

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tamerlane
Head of Defence
Head of Defence

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2006-10-25

Strat Baron 45min run Empty
PostSubject: Strat Baron 45min run   Strat Baron 45min run Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2006 3:52 am

First of all, for those who don't know, it's a part of upgrading your tier0 pieces to tier0,5. After this series of quests you will get your upgraded leggings, boots and shoulders (you must have the tier0 version of those first, but you can still do the q's upto the last part).

Now, i found a nice map which shows which mobs can be skipped and which ones have to be killed, so here it is:
http://www.faultymoose.com/gauntlet.jpg

And, from what i read on alot of sites, the trick is to have no brakes, unless really needed, constant pulling, no looting (it takes more time than you think) and mage gets shielded and solos the ziggurats.

There is also a nice shammy trick (or ss if you have a priest and a lock), after clesring the third zigg, the whole party just runs to the slughterhouse entrance (with the abominations), then dies ther, shammy or priest pops back, ress everyone else and start clearing the abominations as fast as possible. This trick saves about 7 or so pulls, so it's worth it. Also, the magistrate is not needed, so he shuold be skipped.

The only thing really needed here is alot of dps, good pulling and a healer who can take care if the pull is bad (heal).

I hope i can go do the run with someone today Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Thurgkak

PostSubject: Re: Strat Baron 45min run   Strat Baron 45min run Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2006 6:37 am

That's really nice, Tamer. All we have to do now, is memorise everything and just do it. Smile
Back to top Go down
tiroli

PostSubject: Re: Strat Baron 45min run   Strat Baron 45min run Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2006 6:41 am

We need some preparations before this. For casters:
- lot gear of mana regen, lot potions, all stuff for mana regen (drinks , cooks, and etc.)
Personally i think i need 3 or more items ( neck , ring, bracers ) with mana regen.

And also - i need my set items Smile I have only 3 of them.
So any Scholo,Strat,UBRS party is welcome
Back to top Go down
Nifelhei

PostSubject: Re: Strat Baron 45min run   Strat Baron 45min run Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2006 6:43 am

Droping alot of money for suspicious upgrade .... dont know if it worth it....

There was an calculation in Thottbot (i think).
Full tier 0.5 upgrade costs about 700g...
Not only gold for quests but for reagents, potions and so on.
Back to top Go down
Tamerlane
Head of Defence
Head of Defence

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2006-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Strat Baron 45min run   Strat Baron 45min run Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2006 5:19 pm

Ok, nif, I know the upgrade ti tier 0,5 is not worth it, money wise or time wise. But I wanna do it to have heroism set, and i wanna have all tiers full sets (haha, that's going to happen soon... NOT)

Plus, I like stuff that takes some effort to get, not like the unstoppable force from spending days in av, and everyone ends up having it and similar stuff.

So I think that explains why I want to do a 45 minute baron run Very Happy

cya in the new patch all Razz
Back to top Go down
Nifelhei

PostSubject: Re: Strat Baron 45min run   Strat Baron 45min run Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2006 12:59 am

Well i agree with your arguments now Wink
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2006-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Strat Baron 45min run   Strat Baron 45min run Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2006 3:28 am

Indeed its not worth at all...Thas why i dont do it although i have 6-7 tier 0 items....I now gather money for my epic so as to impress you with my av mount i bought Razz ...I still want some strat runs though to get my wildheart kilt (leggings) . Cya today and lets hope patch wont be as bad as we all thing it will be ... affraid
Back to top Go down
https://goldenguards.forumotion.com
solari

PostSubject: Re: Strat Baron 45min run   Strat Baron 45min run Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2006 7:39 am

yea, i need the 45 min run too, so i think we can discuss ingame for preparations
Back to top Go down
Nifelhei

PostSubject: Re: Strat Baron 45min run   Strat Baron 45min run Icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2006 6:40 am

So , the results from last night 45 min trys is :

1. Group was : 2 Mages, Warlock, Priest and Warrior Smile

2. We killed Baron for about 60 mins (without using Potions and bandages, just like normal run)

3. We made some stupid mistakes that cost us some time. ( one of them made by me Smile )

4. at 45 min we were at abominations. After them we need at least 10 more mins if we chain pull them, or pull groups of 2-3.

5. So our goal now is to kill Maleki before 30 min.

6. Option is to try SS -> Run tactics to get to abominations after Maleki (that will save us 5-6 minutes).

7. Use TS or Skype for next run. for better coordination Smile

http://wowwiki.com/Baron_in_45

and quote on last part:
"This is how my party completed the 45 minute baron run. Warrior, Healadin, Resto-Druid, Warlock, and Hunter (me). We were all in blue items, and one or two epics per person. We used similar tactics as written above, yet we took a different route. At first we went for Nerub'Enkan, which was down in 7 minutes, after which Baroness was being killed when the timer said 32 minutes.

From her courtyard, we followed our way through the alley to Maleki (so in other words, we skipped the rat trap), and when Maleki was down, we still had 20 minutes left. Now here comes our trick (it is not a real challenge as a normal 45 min baron run, but can be used by people who are fed up with all those PuG's): What you do is, you run with a swiftness potion (all five members of course) towards the gate...making sure there is some way to prevent a full wipe (Divine Intervention, Soulstone, Feign Death + Cables, etc.), since you are sure to wipe.

The thing is, you have to wipe behind the gate, but make sure you don't run too far, or the event will start, making the gate shut down and possibly leaving people behind. When all five people are dead, rez and rebuff, and you should have 18 minutes left for last part of the run.

So in short, you use innovation to skip 20-25 mobs, which saves 5-10 minutes of your time. Up to you to use this (may not be as challenging of course), but it worked for us."
Back to top Go down
Ungreg
Defence Advisor
Defence Advisor

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2006-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Strat Baron 45min run   Strat Baron 45min run Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2006 3:54 pm

I think our main problem in those runs were bad pulls and awareness of mobs we were skipping.

One wipe on the abbobinations (spelling??) could have easily been avoided if we just chain pulled one at time not 3 at a time.

We definately had potential but not enough practice.

A few more runs and we should be good to go.

Maybe do some normal runs no rushing just missing mobs that can be missed and see how fast we can do it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strat Baron 45min run   Strat Baron 45min run Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Strat Baron 45min run
Page 1 of 1